This custom-made adapter harness mates with the OEM harness so you can connect your new head unit into the car's factory wiring without damaging or altering the OEM wiring or connector. This is the only adapter on the market that has the extra wires for the S2000 Dash Controls, which are pre-wired to a DCI connector. The only wires you need to splice are between the head unit harness and this adapter. Use this adapter harness if you are using our DCI with a Sony, JVC, or Clarion head unit. For Pioneer, Alpine and Kenwood we make a head unit-specific Plug-n-Play harness that allows head unit and DCI installation with no wire splicing.
Notes and hints:
- Check out or download the wiring diagram if you need wiring help, as no documentation is provided with the harness
- DCI (sold separately) is needed to convert S2000 dash control signals into head unit commands.
- If you are buying one of our PnP Harnesses (for Alpine, Kenwood, or Pioneer) you do not need this harness.
- If you intend to use the Speed-conrolled Volume feature of the DCI you will need to also purchase the SCV wiring kit.
- Make the wire splices from this harness to your head unit harness outside of the car where it's easier to work, such as on a table or workbench. This is much better than splicing wires inside the car and the cramped radio console.