This product now sold at modifry.shop (click here to be redirected). It's the exact same item, available from a friend of mine who will be taking over some of my products.
Allows you to use the factory dash controls to operate Sony or Pioneer brand head units that have an input for a "steering wheel adapter". The DCI provides all the functions* of the original Honda controls* plus additional functions and features not available with the stock setup or any other "steering wheel adapter". Because after-market head units don't all use the same command sets there are some slight differences in how they operate with the DCI, so you may want to review the DCI instructions in the "Manuals & Help" tab. Your head unit must have a 3.5mm jack for "remote control" in order for the DCI to control it.
Available Options: All harness options include the 3.5mm cable for remote control
- Plug-n-Play Adapter Harness* ($25) - Install your new head unit and DCI with no wire splicing! (see harness product page for details)
- DCI-S2000 Adapter Harness ($15) - Plugs directly into the S2000 stereo harness and the DCI, you will have to splice the head unit wires to this harness (9 wires, 13 if you have rear speakers)
- No Adapter Harness - You will have to splice all wires between the DCI, S2000 stereo harness, and the head unit (14 wires, 18 if you have rear speakers)
- SCV Wiring Kit ($3.50) - Requires running the supplied wire from the DCI to behind the passenger dash. No special tools needed, see feature details below
Help finding compatible head units
Features of the DCI
- Small adapter unit - about 1.5" x 2".
- Provides 9 control functions using the 5 stock dash switches - more functions than the OEM radio!
- No complicated programming required - just set your head unit brand on the dip switches and it's ready to operate.
- Auto-repeat function built-in - press and hold VOLUME UP, and the volume will increase rapidly as the command is repeated. Auto-repeat works on NEXT/PREV TRACK to give you fast-forward and fast-rewind functions.
- Optional Speed Controlled Volume function - (requires SCV Wiring Kit) An exclusive Modifry Products feature enabled by connecting one additional wire to the S2000's speedometer circuit. The DCI will then automatically raise and lower the volume based on vehicle speed. No more fiddling with the volume control when background and wind noise increase as you speed up. Details here
- * Note on the Mute Function - unlike other steering wheel adapters, the DCI works with the S2000 Mute button, activating the head unit's built-in mute function. However, most modern head units will only lower the volume because they don't have the capability to pause playback. Pause will only work if your head unit has a dedicated "Interrupt" or "ATT" wire.
* The DCI can only operate features inherent in your new head unit, so if a particular function is critical for you please check the head unit manual to see if it exists. Our wiring harnesses have only power, ground, speaker, amp turn-on, and "lights" dimmer wires. They do not have wires for special applications such as "neutral" or "reverse light" inputs.